Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Middle School Mission Trip 2017

Throughout middle and high school, mission trip was always my favorite week of the summer...maybe even the year. A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of going on the middle school mission trip as the photographer on the leadership team. I always knew that I would want to keep going on these trips when I was an adult, but I didn't expect it to be like this. The kids on the trip taught me more than I ever thought I could learn. They each have so much love in their hearts and they radiate joy everywhere they go. It's truly inspiring to watch people so young do so much service with a selfless attitude, and to give up a week of their summer to help others. This mission trip made me realize why the same adult volunteers keep attending every year, even after their kids are way out of high school. Experiencing a CTCYM trip through the eyes of an adult was a moving experience and I can't wait to go again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment