Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Inspired Story

Photography has been a passion of mine since the first time I picked up a camera phone. I love capturing moments, not only for the good picture, but so that I can look back and remember how I was feeling at that point in time. When I say I'm a photography major people ask what kind of photography I do. My answer varies from "scenery" to "concerts" to "whatever I think looks nice." This past weekend I got the chance to work with many amazing photographers and learn more about shooting in manual. The Inspired Story Conference taught me a lot about who I am, not only as a photographer, but as a follower of Jesus. I am also very inspired to start my own small business, and maybe work with my mom some more. I think that as photographers, my mom and I have different styles, but we can also work well together, so that's something to look forward to. On Friday and Saturday evening of the conference, we had what were called "shootouts." Where we would go to a location near the hotel and take pictures of various models. With each model were two of the photographer speakers who would guide us and give us advice as we were taking pictures. There were different kinds of shoots to choose from such as families, seniors, bride and groom, engagement pictures, etc. I got to do a little bit of everything and here are some of my favorites:
After this weekend, I felt encouraged to start my own photography page. To see more of my work, go to instagram.com/addipaynephotos. You can also find some of my iPhone captures at addipayne.vsco.co

No comments:

Post a Comment