Monday, July 11, 2016

100 happy days

We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, is the base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being.

71% of people tried to complete this challenge, but failed quoting lack of time as the main reason. These people simpy did not have time to be happy. Do you?

I have completed this challenge once before, and I think it really changed my perspective on life. I became more aware of my surroundings and really looked for the good in each day. I think that this could be really good for me right now, so I decided to start again. I will be posting one picture each day on instagram.com/addishappydays

I think this is something that everyone should try. Even if you miss some days, try to pick up where you left off and finish strong. Lack of time is no excuse to not recognize the good parts of each day, and actually taking time to reflect on your day can create a happier lifestyle. Here is my first day:

Day 1:
Feed Our Kids is something I've always remembered doing. For the past few years, I've gone to the Grapevine Community Outreach Center which is the biggest site that our church takes on. We serve over 250 kids each day at Outreach alone. It's amazing. And not only do we give the kids a lunch, we also get to play with them and hangout and get to know them. I was put in charge of crafts, which is right up my alley, and I've been loving it. I can't wait for the rest of the week. Thank you so much to everyone who helps make this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment