Monday, May 23, 2016

BASEBALL- The Sport He Loves

Ever since I can remember, baseball has been Cal's favorite sport. He probably has ten different Rangers shirts, tons of baseball cards, and even a baseball themed bedroom. I think I just kind of assumed that Cal would never get to actually play on a team, and that hitting balls in the front yard was as close as he'd ever get.
When we heard of the Miracle League, we were kind of hesitant to sign him up at first, but this year my dad just went for it. He got put on a waiting list for the next year, but then about a week before the first game, we found out that he was put on a team. After his first couple of games, it was obvious that he didn't know what he was doing, but after a few hours of practicing with his friend Cole, he got pretty good. I am so proud of Cal for working and playing the sport he loves.
Thank you, Miracle League for giving everyone the opportunity to play ball. There are kids who are mute, deaf, kids who can't walk or run, kids who are disabled mentally and physically, but while they are playing the game, not only are we able to look past their disabilities, but we get to watch each person embrace themselves and embrace them as well as they play. I think the Miracle League is one of the greatest things that I have ever seen, and I am so grateful that Cal got to be a part of it. I can't wait to watch him play more in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment