Thursday, May 12, 2016

The 1975

One of my favorite things in this world is live music. There's just something so awesome about hearing one of your favorite songs live, sang by one of your favorite artists. The feeling I get when I'm at a concert is so unreal and I wish that everyone could get the chance to see some of their favorite artists perform. I LOVE The 1975. I went to one of their shows in 2014 on the tour for their first album. It was at the Southside Ballroom, and it was one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. When they announced their new album, I immediately looked up tickets and was devastated that they were only coming to Dallas for Edgefest, which is a festival hosted by a local radio station. I really wanted to see The 1975, but wasn't too fired up about the rest of the lineup. Later on, my dad surprised me and my sister with tickets to the show in The Woodlands, which is just north of Houston.
So, sure enough, on Saturday afternoon, the three of us loaded up and drove three and a half hours to the concert. Drew (my sister) had never seen The 1975 live, and to be honest, I don't think she listened to their music too often, but during the show I know she fell in love. Although I loved their new album, I only had a few months to listen to it, so I wasn't into it as much as I was the first one, but lucky for me, they played more songs from the first album than the did the second, and they played all of my favorites; Heart Out, Girls, You, Me, Robbers, etc. Needless to say, it was an amazing show and I can't wait to hopefully see them again in the future. Special thanks to my awesome dad for the tickets and for driving us to the show- he rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment